Easy and Affordable Home Spa Treatment
Even mommies need to feel pampered. And while it might be hard to schedule yourself for a day at the local spa, you can schedule yourself for an easy and affordable to create home spa treatment.
1. Arrange for grandma, grandpa or a trusted sitter to take the kids for a few hours. Or have your husband watch the little ones for a while for you. You could even take turns with your friends who have children watching each other’s kids.
2. Set up your bathroom so that it is a relaxing place for you to rejuvenate yourself. Make sure the bathroom is clean and fresh. If you can, place a couple plants in it, some scented candles and even a CD player for some soft music. Place a couple soft, fluffy towels near the tub. Light the candles and turn on the music.
3. Prepare and apply a nourishing facial mask, and even put slice cucumbers on your eyes. Rest for ten or fifteen minutes, then remove the cucumber and rinse the mask. Apply moisturizer to your face and neck area.
4. Run a nice warm bath with scented bubbles, oil or bath fizzies in it. Step in and relax for as long as you like. Close your eyes and listen to the music, or bring in a favorite magazine and read while you are soaking.
5. When your bath is over, wrap yourself in the towels and pat yourself dry. Treat yourself gently and take your time.
6. Next, slather moisturizer in a wonderful scent over your whole body. Wrap up in a robe and then move on to paying special attention to your feet and hands, massaging them gently.
7. Give yourself a manicure and/or pedicure if you like. Take time to shape your nails, buff them and apply a base coat. Then apply your favorite color of nail polish. Allow time for the polish to dry.
8. Once your nails have dried, apply makeup if you wish. Comb your hair and dress in something that makes you feel great, even if it’s your most comfy pajamas.
This spa treatment is easy to do, fun and affordable. Sure it will take a bit of time, but you’ll feel very relaxed and refreshed when you’re finished. You’ll look great, too! If you want to vary things, invite a friend or two over, eliminate the bath and spend time bonding over facemasks and manicures and pedicures.
Have each person supply part of the spa treatment – mask, hand or foot cream, nail polish even cucumbers for your eyes. Enjoy your time together and “return” from your spa treatment a new woman and a refreshed and relaxed mommy!