Hormones during pregnancy can really do a number on your skin complexion – whether that means if you’ve always had pimples and acne, your skin might clear up or if you’ve always had pimples and acne, your skin might not be so clear. No matter what the case may be, it’s important to keep your skin clean and moisturized to avoid any irritation. If pimples, acne, or any other blemishes do appear, resist the urge to pick, squeeze, scratch or pop them as they can cause scarring and make them worse. If things start to get really bad, speak with your doctor to see what kind of solutions they might have.
Here are three things you can do to help avoid irritating your skin:
– Try washing your face with a mild cleanser two times a day. You can also exfoliate, but be careful not to scrub your skin too hard.
– Exercise not only reduces stress, but it also increases blood circulation and oxygen penetration to your skin.
– It’s tempting to want to squeeze, pop, scratch or pick at pimples, but it’s important to resist the urge as this can make the infection spread.
– Staying hydrated by drinking adequate amounts of water each day can help detoxify the body from the inside out.
– Eating plenty of fruit and vegetables and drinking loads of water can help maintain healthy skin. Try to avoid sugar and refined carbohydrates.
– Use water-based cosmetics and clean your cosmetic brushes in warm soapy water.
– Avoid exposing your skin to too much sunlight, heat or cold.
– Avoid wearing tight-fitting clothing as it can trap sweat against the skin.
– Mix a couple of drops of lavender or tea tree oil with boiling water and inhale the steam through your nose for a natural facial. These essential oils are natural antibiotics destroying a broad range of microorganisms and reducing redness, itchiness and stinging.
– Cut fresh garlic clove in half and apply it to the affected area.
– Mix lemon juice and ground cinnamon together and apply it to the acne.
– Apply vinegar to the face with a cotton ball, let it sit for ten minutes and then rinse with cold water.
– Lemons or any other citrus fruit are excellent natural exfoliators. Simply squeeze the lemon juice into a bowl, soak a cotton ball in it, and apply it to your face. Leave the lemon juice on for 10 minutes before rinsing it off with cool water.
– Beat one egg white and apply it to your face for 15 minutes. Egg whites are packed with proteins and fatty acids that replenish the skin and tighten pores. Rinse the egg white off with cold water.
– If you see a pimple starting to form on your face, rub an ice cube on the affected area.