Pregnancy is an amazing time, especially if you’re pregnant for the first time. Your body is going through so many changes, and your emotions are all over the place. You have this little creature growing inside of you, and it’s an incredible feeling.
This pregnancy essentials list is for all the moms-to-be out there. I’ve selected items that will help make your pregnancy a little easier and more special. From a comfortable body pillow to a keepsake journal, these items will be essential for your pregnancy journey.
To Make Your Pregnancy A Little Easier
1. Pregnancy vitamins are so important for baby’s development and for your continued well-being. I remember when I was pregnant with my first, my OB-GYN stressing the importance of taking them every day. And she was right! Not only did they help me feel better, but my baby was born healthy and strong.
2. The Back ‘n Belly Contoured Body Pillow is like getting two pillows in one. You get neck and back support on both sides, which means you can turn over without having to adjust the pillow. Plus, it has padding between the knees, so you can stay comfortable all night long.
3. My wheat bag has been my best friend during all four of my pregnancies. It’s great for easing any minor aches and pains that come along with pregnancy.
4. The Birthing Ball is an excellent tool for both during labor and for backache relief during pregnancy. It can help you to ease some pressure on your back and also open up your hips to help the baby move down the birth canal.
5. Maternity clothes can be both comfortable and stylish. A pregnant woman’s body is beautiful, and you shouldn’t have to hide it. Invest in a few well-fitting maternity outfits that you’ll feel good in.
6. No one wants to end their pregnancy with a bunch of unsightly stretch marks. You can use a good cream or oil to help reduce your chances of getting them.
7. Many new parents feel like they’re in over their heads when it comes to caring for a baby. After all, babies come with a lot of instructions! Baby books and magazines can be a great way to learn about everything from breastfeeding to sleep training. And the more you know, the more confident you’ll feel. A content baby makes for a happy mommy.
To Make Your Pregnancy Really Special
1. Every expectant parent looks forward to the day they can finally meet their little one. While the pregnancy journey has many ups and downs, it’s important to remember the special moments. One way to do this is by creating a keepsake box. This can be a simple shoebox, decorated however you like. Inside, put mementos of your pregnancy journey. This can be everything from ultrasound pictures to quotes that made you laugh during those long 9 months. You can even add keepsakes from a baby’s birth, like their first outfit or a curl of their hair. This box will be a cherished reminder of the amazing time you spent carrying your little one.
2. A digital camera is an essential tool for taking pictures of your baby’s growth and your nursery decorating project. With it, you can document each stage of your baby’s life and show off your creative handiwork to friends and family.
3. There are two primary types of pregnancy calendars: online weekly e-mails, and printable 40-week calendars. Online calendars will keep you updated with what to expect in the coming weeks, while printable calendars can be hung on your bedroom wall for easy reference.
4. A pregnancy journal is a great way to remember all the emotions that come with being pregnant. You may be surprised at how much you’ll jot down from time to time! Keeping a pregnancy journal can help you remember the good times and the tough times during pregnancy.
5. Many people wait until the last minute to choose a baby name, and as a result, they end up with a lot of stress. A better idea is to buy or borrow a good baby name guide earlier in the process. This way, you’ll have more time to look through all the options and make a decision that you’re happy with.
6. With a Doppler, you can hear your baby’s heartbeat anytime, anywhere! No more waiting for your OB-GYN appointment to hear the incredible sound of your baby’s heartbeat.
7. Making a belly cast is a great way to remember this wonderful time. You can buy a kit, or make your own from scratch.