Acne And Skin Changes In Pregnancy
All thanks to hormones your complexion may act up to during pregnancy. If you have had clear skin all along, pimples, acne, etc seems like unwanted guests. On the other hand, acne, pimples, etc prior to your pregnancy, your skin might just clear up. Irrespective of the situation, you can start by keeping your skin clean and moisturized. And if pimples, acne, start to appear, do not pick, squeeze, scratch or pop them. You make things worse for your skin by risking scars. Speak with your doctor if acne becomes worse.
Acne prevention pointers
– Wash your face twice a day with mild cleanser. Exfoliate but do not scrub your skin.
– Exercise to reduces stress, increases blood circulation and oxygen penetration to your skin
– Do not squeeze, pop, scratch or pick at your pimples, as this can make the infection spread.
– Drink adequate amount of water each day to help detoxify the body from the inside out.
– Eat plenty of fruit and vegetables and drink loads of water to maintain healthy skin. Avoid sugar and refined carbohydrates
– Avoid oil based cosmetics and clean your cosmetic brushes in warm soapy water.
– Avoid exposing your skin to too much sunlight, heat or cold.
– Avoid wearing tight-fitting clothing as it can trap sweat against the skin.
– Apply lavender or tea tree oil on the acne affected area. These essential oils are natural antibiotics destroying a broad range of microorganisms and reduce redness, itchiness and stinging. Try a steam facial of boiling water mixed with couple of drops of tea tree oil. When you are finished, splash your face with cold water, to help close the pores again.
– Cut fresh garlic clove in half and put it on the affected area.
– Put a tsp of lemon juice and ground cinnamon on the acne.
– Apply vinegar to the face with a cotton ball and let it sit for ten minutes and then rinse with cold water.
– Lemon or any citric fruit are good natural exfoliates. Squeeze a lemon or citrus fruit into a bowl and soak a cotton ball in the juice. Apply the lemon juice to the face and then leave for 10 minutes before rinsing with cool water.
– Beat one egg white and apply it on the face for 15 minutes and then rinse with cold water. Egg white with large amount of proteins and fatty acids replenishes the skin and tightens the pores.
– If you see a pimple starting to break out on your face, rub an ice cube on the affected area.