Constipation In Pregnancy & Constipation Relief During Pregnancy
Constipation in pregnancy can cause bloating, pain and even pre term labor. Read on to see what options pregnant women have for constipation relief during pregnancy.
Constipation relief during pregnancy is a question many pregnant women ask. Approximately half of all women experience constipation in pregnancy.
Why do women get constipation in pregnancy?
The pregnancy hormone progesterone has a relaxing effect on the intestines and this slows the movement of the bowel causing pregnancy constipation.
The growing fetus needs as much vitamins, minerals and nutrients as possible. Therefore the increasing hormone levels of a pregnant woman cause food to move slower through the bowels. This results in constipation but also gives the body more time to absorb extra nutrients.
Pregnant women need extra water for the extra blood volume required for pregnancy. Therefore the mother will absorb more water from the bowel than normal which will result in a harder, dryer bowel movement resulting in constipation.
The longer food stays in the intestines, the more water is reabsorbed from the bowel into the body to accommodate for the extra blood volume required during pregnancy.
All prenatal vitamins contain iron which is known to cause constipation in pregnancy.
Constipation relief during pregnancy:
1. Drink at least 8-10 glasses of oxygen rich purified water a day.
2. Increase fiber in your diet such as whole grains and brown rice.
3. Eat more fresh fruit and vegetables, particularly prunes (which can be taken via prune juice).
4. Peppermint tea or peppermint water can help with gas or bloating pains.
5. Try to reduce stress in your life as stress can cause constipation.
6. You may have to switch you prenatal vitamins over to a different brand. Even though they all have iron, some brands may be less pregnancy constipating to you than others.
7. Add a little more exercise to your daily routine. If you do not normally exercise then start with 10-15 minutes walking every day. If you routinely exercise change your exercise routine slightly to see if you can stimulate bowel activity.
8. Mangosteen juice Mangosteen juice has been shown to have a positive effect on all systems of the body including bowel mobility. Mangosteen is a fruit and is very effective in preventing pregnancy complications.
9. Consult with a homeopath for a pregnancy safe homeopathy remedy for constipation.
10. Avoid over-the-counter laxatives as they can stimulate uterine contractions resulting in miscarriage or pre-term labor.
Prevention of constipation is the best place to start. Many of my pregnant clients have experienced a constipation free pregnancy by taking mangosteen and minerals on a daily basis prior and during pregnancy. Mangosteen is present in different quantities in different products. Wondering where to get more information about a high quality mangosteen and mineral product? Mangosteen is present in different quantities in different products, so do your research.
I urge you to act at once. Read for yourself, an amazing message for humanity from my son when he was seven-weeks old. Yes you read correctly, he was seven weeks old! I have the ability to communicate with babys emotions from inside and outside the womb. Read it! Enjoy it! Share it!