IUI Pregnancy Success Tips
Getting pregnant through IUI might seem like a very difficult task, but if things work out properly, it’s almost like getting pregnant naturally. If you’re shooting for an IUI pregnancy within the next few months, there are a few things that you can do to prepare your body to undergo the treatment better and to increase your chances of success with IUI. These five tips are pretty easy and natural, so get started on them as soon as you can.
1. Acupuncture Therapy to Help You Conceive with IUI
This might not be the first option your mind jumps to when you think of enhancing your IUI success, but it has been shown to help in many studies and anecdotal cases. Basically, this ancient Chinese medicine regulates the hormones in a way that scientists haven’t quite pinned down yet. Women who undergo acupuncture end up with less stress and even with more and higher quality eggs, which makes IUI more likely to be successful.
2. Visualization Techniques of IUI Conception
Many infertility clinics are actually using this type of therapy for their clients now. Basically, when you are going through IUI, you simply visualize what is going to happen with the sperm and the egg in your body. As with acupuncture, scientists haven’t pinned down the way that visualization works, but there is evidence to show that the mind has great power over the body.
3. Watch Your Food and Drink for Pregnancy Success
One of the main ways to prepare your body for conception is to eat a healthy diet. This holds true no matter whether you’re trying to conceive naturally, through IUI, or through any other ART techniques. The documentation of the link between diet and fertility just keeps building up. You don’t have to obsess over every single thing you put in your mouth, but here are a few tips that will keep your body in good shape before IUI:
* Focus on getting enough whole foods, including vegetables, fruits, and whole grains.
* Get one or two servings a day of full-fat dairy products through milk, yogurt, or cheese, since this has been linked to increased fertility.
* Drink plenty of water to stay hydrated and toxin-free.
* Get a lot of protein from vegetable sources and nuts, but don’t be afraid to work lean proteins from meat into your diet, either.
* Take a daily multivitamin that contains folic acid.
* Avoid alcohol, which can reduce overall fertility and increase your risk of miscarriage.
4. De-stress However You Can to Optimize Fertility
There is a lot of evidence that extreme stress – like the kind that comes from trying unsuccessfully to get pregnant – can reduce your chances of getting pregnant and increase your chances of miscarriage. Besides this, the stress that comes with IUI can make your life a nightmare. Instead of simply living with it, find ways to reduce stress before, during, and after IUI. Taking long walks, doing yoga regularly, and joining a support group are all good options.
5. Take an Expectorant to Help You Get Pregnant with IUI
Cough syrup for IUI? That’s right. This is a good step to take, especially if you’re taking Clomid during an IUI cycle. Clomid – and some natural conditions – can cause cervical mucus to become thick and too hostile to allow sperm to survive. Cough syrup like Robitussin doesn’t just thin out mucus in the lungs, but it can also thin out cervical mucus.
The dosage that you should take varies, but you will want to take a little bit of cough syrup with the active ingredient guaifenesin for a couple of days before your insemination is going to occur. Many women with hostile cervical mucus have had excellent luck with this simple fertility-enhancing step.