Pregnancy signs and symptoms are different for every woman and so are the initial signs of pregnancy for all women. Identifying the signs and symptoms of pregnancy is important to prepare for the pregnancy term. The term of pregnancy requires special care and attention to ensure a healthy pregnancy and safe childbirth.
The most common symptoms of pregnancy are given below. Women may experience all or some of these symptoms of pregnancy.
1. Missing Menstrual Cycle: Missing the menstrual cycle or delayed periods is a prominent pregnancy symptom. If menstruation cycle gets delayed by two-three weeks, taking a pregnancy test is advised. Look for other pregnancy symptoms as ailments such as polycystic ovarian syndrome can also lead to irregular and delayed periods.
2. Nausea: Also referred to as morning sickness, nausea is one of the early symptoms of pregnancy. In this condition, a woman experiences a feeling of vomiting all the time. It is a very common sign of pregnancy, though some women don’t experience it.
3. Headache: Women experience frequent headaches on becoming pregnant. This is a result of increased hormonal level.
4. Implantation Bleeding: The early symptom of pregnancy i.e. implantation bleeding is experienced by women when fertilised embryo enters the uterine wall. This can also be reflected as slight pink or brown staining around the genitals. Implantation bleeding is accompanied by cramping. The condition occurs as a result of actual or altered menstruation, change of a birth control pill or an infection.
5. Fatigue: Women experience drowsiness and feel exhausted during pregnancy term. Fatigue is a result of increased level of progesterone and decreased level of blood sugar.
6. Breast Changes: Breasts of a pregnant woman become swollen and tender. You may notice that your breasts have become fuller and are becoming tender. In the initial two weeks after conception, you may experience a tingling sensation and even notice blue veins on your breast.
7. Increased Frequency of Urination: By the fifth or sixth week of pregnancy, a woman’s frequency of urination increases significantly. More often, urination is a result of imbalanced hormones.
8. Increase in Body Temperature: Alleviation of body temperature is another indicator of pregnancy symptoms. Therefore, it is advisable to go for a pregnancy test when you experience an alleviated body temperature persistently.
9. Heightened Sense of Smell: Women become sensitive and reactive to smells around them during pregnancy. The mildest fragrance or scent also troubles the nostrils of pregnant women.
10. Among other prominent symptoms of pregnancy include mood swings, depression, constipation and dizziness.
Author in this article has conveyed information on pregnancy symptoms and pregnancy.