Congratulations on your pregnancy! You’re embarking on a whole new experience and adventure into parenthood. Having a child is something that many couples dream of, and to be one of those parents takes a lot of skill. In order to give your child the best possible start in life, it’s important to start preparing yourself for the role of parent from the moment you realize you’re pregnant. To do this, you might want to consider taking some Antenatal Classes.
The objective of these classes is to provide parents-to-be with the knowledge and tools they need to navigate through labor, pregnancy and early parenthood. These classes aim to equip parents with the skills necessary to manage each of these phases effectively. Although the structure of the course may differ slightly between clinics, all programs should include the following key components:
- Discussion on various antenatal screening tests.
- Comprehensive information about the process of labor, childbirth and postpartum developments.
- Details of medical procedures and interventions.
- Extensive training on pregnancy preparation.
- Complete know how on relaxation methodologies.
- Ample discussion on various types of birthing positions.
- Information about a range of pain relief practices.
- Instructions on massage skills and breathing techniques.
- Extensive doubt handling sessions
- Information on caesarian section, assisted labor etc.
- Counseling with a psychologist in case of emotional turbulences.
- Training on pelvic and floor exercises.
- Guidance on vaccination schedule.
- Family planning assistance.
- The pregnant lady is cautioned against the use of many drugs.
- Yoga for the maintenance of flexibility and stamina.
- Books and music have always been known to calm the temperament and elevate the spirits. If you’re feeling overwhelmed, try reading your favorite book or listening to some soothing music. It might just be what you need to get through this tough moment.
- Learning the art of using diaper and swaddling techniques effectively.
- Discussing in detail about the effective breastfeeding.
- Though every pregnant woman is encouraged to get enrolled in birthing classes, there are some exceptions for high-risk women. Special cases that require enrollment in birthing classes are:
- Aged primi (pregnant women above the age of 30 years)
- Risk associated with Preeclampsia and Eclampsia
- Anemic women
- Women pregnant with twins
- Women having a history of still birth, IU death etc.
- Women with diabetes and other disorders which might affect pregnancy.
The role of the husband during pregnancy is to be a supportive and loving partner. This time can be difficult for a woman as she deals with physical and emotional changes. Husbands should therefore make an effort to understand what their wives are going through by attending antenatal classes and reading up on the different stages of pregnancy. This will help them be better equipped to provide the love and support their wives need during this special time.
Adiva is one of the excellent hospitals in Delhi that provide antenatal care. The staff’s primary aim is to ensure the total well-being and health of both the mother and baby by the end of the pregnancy.
Adiva offers a wide range of services to mothers-to-be, all with the goal of making sure they have a healthy and happy pregnancy. Services include everything from pregnancy yoga to nutrition counseling to webinars on various topics related to pregnancy and childbirth.