If you’re looking to get pregnant through IUI, there are a few things you can do to help improve your chances of success. These five tips are easy and natural, so start implementing them as soon as you can.
1. Acupuncture Therapy to Help You Conceive with IUI
Acupuncture is an ancient Chinese practice that has been shown to help with IUI success in many studies and cases. While the exact mechanisms are not yet understood, it is believed that acupuncture helps to regulate hormones in a way that increases egg quality and quantity. This, in turn, makes IUI more likely to be successful.
2. Visualization Techniques of IUI Conception
IUI is a type of therapy that is gaining popularity among infertility clinics. When you go through IUI, you visualize the sperm and egg joining in your body. It is not clear how this works, but there is evidence to show that the mind has great power over the body.
3. Watch Your Food and Drink for Pregnancy Success
One of the most important things you can do to prepare your body for conception is to eat a healthy diet. This is true no matter what method you’re using to conceive – whether it’s natural, IUI, or any other assisted reproductive technology.
There’s a growing body of evidence linking diet and fertility, so it’s important to be mindful of what you’re eating if you’re trying to get pregnant. You don’t have to be perfect, but there are a few simple things you can do to make sure your body is in tip-top shape before IUI:
* Nutritionists always tell us to focus on getting enough whole foods. This means consuming vegetables, fruits, and whole grains in our diets. While it can be tempting to go for processed foods, these often contain empty calories and lack the nutrients of whole foods.
* Dairy products are a great source of calcium and other nutrients, and they have been linked to increased fertility. Aim for one or two servings a day of full-fat dairy products like milk, yogurt, or cheese.
* Ensure you’re drinking enough water every day to avoid dehydration and to keep toxins at bay. Drinking the recommended eight glasses of H2O will help improve your focus, energy and overall health.
* You can get a lot of protein from plant sources and nuts, but don’t shy away from lean protein sources from meat. Mixing up your protein sources will help you get all the nutrients you need.
* A daily multivitamin containing folic acid is important for everyone, but especially for women who are pregnant or of childbearing age. Folic acid helps to prevent birth defects of the brain and spine.
* If you’re looking to conceive, it’s best to avoid alcohol. Not only can it reduce your fertility, but it also ups your risk of miscarrying.
4. De-stress However You Can to Optimize Fertility
There is a lot of evidence that stress can reduce your chances of getting pregnant and increase your chances of miscarriage. The stress that comes with IUI can make your life difficult. To reduce stress before, during, and after IUI, try taking long walks, doing yoga regularly, or joining a support group.
5. Take an Expectorant to Help You Get Pregnant with IUI
Cough syrup can actually help thin out cervical mucus during an IUI cycle. This is especially important if you’re taking Clomid, as it can cause mucus to become thick and hostile to sperm. Cough syrup like Robitussin can help thin out mucus in the lungs and cervix, making it easier for sperm to survive.
The amount you should take differs, but it’s recommended that you take a small amount of cough syrup with guaifenesin a few days before your insemination is going to occur. Many women who have hostile cervical mucus have had great success with this easy fertility-enhancing method.